Discover the beauty and customs of the desert on a 6-hour Dubai Desert Safari. Leave Dubai in a comfortable 4×4 with a guide, and enjoy an exciting mix of traditional and modern desert adventures. Ride a camel, surf a sandboard down the Dubai sand dunes and relax at a desert campsite as the sun sets. Get a henna tattoo, watch a ‘tanoura’ folk dance and top off your trip with a scrumptious shawrma or enjoy a delicious barbecue dinner and exotic belly dancing show under the stars as you sit around the campfire.
Desert Safari is probably one of the most authentic experiences Dubai can offer, so you must not miss it when you visit Dubai!
Best Safari Adventures in Dubai
- 4X4 Pick-up & Drop-off from your Hotel / Residence
- 4×4 Dune Bashing
- Camel Rides
- Sand Boards
- Henna Painting
- Local Costume Photography
- Live Tanura Show
- Live Belly Dance
- Live Fire Show
- Arabic Tea coffee & Dates
- Barbecue Dinner Buffet (Vegetarian Options Also Available
- Unlimited Water & Soft drinks
- Embark on a thrilling desert safari in an adventurous 4×4
- Travel in a top-of-the-range, air-conditioned vehicle accompanied by an English speaking guide
- Enjoy barbeque dinner at either Al-Awir or the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Watch a riveting belly dance performed to rhythmic Arabic tunes
- A range of optional activities in the desert such as camel rides and henna tattoos are included in the price
- Our local operator is one of the 4 operators with a desert camp inside the Dubai Desert Conservation reserve
When does it run?
6 hours (approx)
4:30pm (Hotel pick ups from 3:00pm – 3:30pm depending on the location)
Your Dubai City Centre hotel. (Please advise your hotel at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 48 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Your Dubai City Centre hotel
Meet your guide at your central Dubai hotel and board a comfortable air-conditioned 4×4. Enjoy the views as you leave the city skyscrapers behind and set off on your 6-hour Dubai desert tour. Gaze at the Dubai sands and hear all about the desert’s ecology and its history as you travel. After arriving at a traditional camel farm, see the hardy herbivores up close and take a memorable camel ride within the enclosures. Discover more about the different species of camels used in the region, and then return to your 4×4 to continue your desert journey. Afterward, arrive at a desert campsite nestled amid the Dubai sand dunes and leave your 4×4 again to sample the thrills of sandboarding. Following a safety briefing, practice riding a sandboard with tips from your guide. Once you’re confident, race your fellow travelers down the drifting dune slopes. Then settle inside the camp as the sun sinks below the dunes and plains. If you wish, ask one of the henna artists to paint a tattoo on one of your hands or feet. Watch a colorful tanoura folk dance and visit our new onsite shawrma station or savor a succulent barbecue dinner. Dig into typical Arabian dishes such as hummus (chickpea dip) and marinated chicken. (See below for a sample menu.) As a finale, puff on a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you wish, and watch a brilliant belly-dance performance around the campfire. Upgrade to an Exclusive Dubai Desert Safari by enjoying the delicious barbecue dinner at your exclusive table with a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit basket. Soak up the desert setting as the stars light up overhead, and conclude your tour with 4×4 drop-off at your Dubai hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Luxury 4X4 vehicle safari
- English speaking driver/guide
- Barbeque buffet dinner at either Al-Awir or the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve (as per option chosen)
- Belly-dancing show (will not take place during Ramadan)
- Softdrinks, Mineral Water, Tea or Coffee
- Shisha smoking
- Camel Rides or Henna Tatoos (choose any one)
- Local dresses for photography
- Sand Boarding (optional and payable locally)
- PLEASE NOTE
Please call the local activity operator at least 48 hours prior to start of the tour to confirm the pick up details.
The driver will wait only for 10 minutes after the designated pick up time. Passengers who arrive over 10 minutes late will be considered a “no-show” and no refund will be offered.
There will be no pick up from any mall or residential areas. Pickup is only offered from hotels.
The tour is not recommended for heart patients and clients with neck and back problems.
Voucher information: You must print and surrender a paper version of your booking voucher for this activity (showing your voucher on a smartphone is not accepted). No refund can be given to customers without a printed copy of their voucher.
For your comfort and safety during the Desert Safari we work with a local partner who:Only employs drivers with advanced licences, who are approved by the Department of Tourism and have vast experience of safe desert driving Uses vehicles that are under 3 years of age, also approved by the Department of Tourism The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
For visa and more packages about Dubai contact us at +92 321 443 7121